NWP Wellness is happy to launch discounted REI experiences. Gather your team, department or other NWP colleagues to participate in one of the REI experiences for only $20 per person. Experiences include smartphone photography, wilderness survival, sunset stand-up paddle boarding w/s'mores, and a fall colors kayak tour (more details below).
- This is a pre-registration. Once each event has filled you will receive a notification email with the REI registration link.
- All NWP employees are eligible to apply. Individual registration is available but we encourage you to registration of teams or departments for this unique bonding opportunity.
- Employees may only register for 1 experience per year.
- At this time, only NWP employees are are able to participate.
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis. However, a separate number of spaces have been allotted for admin and clinicians.
$20 per employee (REI gift cards may NOT be used as payment)
2019 REI Experiences Menu
Digital Nature Stories: Smartphone Photography
Saturday, May 11 - 9a-12p
Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden
Capacity - 12
Do you take pictures with your smartphone? Do you just "point-and-shoot" because you haven't yet
learned how to maximize the use of the camera? During this class, our professional photography
instructors will guide you in creating digital nature stories using the art of visual storytelling. Please bring your smartphone fully charged.
Wilderness Survival: 3-Season Skills
Saturday, June 15 - 9a-1p
Champoeg State Park
Capacity - 12
Join REI Outdoor School for a wilderness survival class. We will provide practical tips and strategies that
every outdoor traveler should know: emergency priorities; shelters; locating and accessing drinking
water; and how to make your own emergency kit. You will also participate in interactive scenarios to
practice and hone your skills.
Sunset SUP and S'mores
Friday, July 26 - 6:30-9:30p
Rooster Rock State Park
Capacity - 12
Break out of your usual evening routine and join our SUP Guides for a sunset tour at one of our favorite paddling destinations! After some basic instruction, we'll take a short SUP tour of the area and find a
nice spot to watch the sunset. We will end the program with a campfire and campfire favorite—S'mores.
Fall Colors Kayak Tour
Saturday, October 5 - 10a-2p
Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge
Capacity - 14
Enjoy the colors of the autumn leaves and crisp air by kayak from the now still waters of our local
waterways. We’ll share information on the surrounding areas history and nature while we take in the
sights of fall at a relaxed pace.
Includes: REI Guide (s), Instruction, Risk Management, and when applicable: Transportation, Permits, Equipment/Gear, S’mores.